Here are the highlights from Monday’s Three for All on Middays with MFB with Lou Merloni, Christian Fauriaand Tim Benz. To hear the segment, go to the MFB audio on demand page.
– Rap legend Snoop Dogg, aka Snoop Lion, is a diehard Steelers fan, and he’s not happy with Sunday’s last-seconds loss to the Buccaneers. Snoop, who earlier this season complained that offensive coordinator Todd Haley should be fired, posted a profanity-laced video on Instagram again calling for Haley’s head and voicing his frustration with the team.
“Steelers [expletive] getting on my [expletive] nerves,” Snoop said. “[Expletive] weak-ass offensive coordinator couldn’t even get 10 yards, man. [Expletive].”
“This is the passion I thought you would instill,” Fauria said to Benz, a longtime Steelers fan who worked on Pittsburgh radio before coming to Boston. “This is what I thought you would say.”
“I’m on here in Boston. Nobody wants to hear me melt down like that,” Benz replied.
Fauria noted that Snoop was a “friend of the program,” but he now might have to be kept at a distance.
“Are you allowing this guy anywhere near the team anymore? He’s no longer really an ally, is he, if he’s going to just flat-out just dog-cuss your offensive coordinator,” Fauria said. “Even though he may be right, you don’t want your guy like that talking about your team.”
Said Benz: “The problem with Snoop is like every other Steeler fan he’s too stupid to realize it’s not just about the offensive coordinator. It’s the frickin’ defense.”
– During Sunday night’s NFL game on NBC, the network ran a public-service commercial featuring NBC actors encouraging people to put an end to domestic violence.
“Obviously this is a ploy by the National Football League and its television partners to say, ‘Hey, we’re on your side, we want to help any way we can,’ ” Benz said.
Benz noted that shortly after the commercial aired, some of the same actors appeared in another commercial for “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” teasing an episode that appears to be a dramatization of the Ray Rice situation.
“It just felt so dirty, it felt so seedy,” Benz said. “Here they are pandering to you to make themselves look better, and then like you forgot what happened 24 minutes ago. ‘¦ It was just so distasteful watching it.”
“Right now, man, nobody’s doing worse than the Ryan brothers,” Rob said. “We might say we are two of the best coaches, and I believe that, and I know that. We’re doing everything we can to do it, but we have to do more.”
Said Merloni: “You think Rex Ryan’s like, ‘Hey, Rob, zip it. I’ll deal with my own thing up here in New York. You don’t need to speak for me or my fans, saying I’m not doing a good job.’ “
– Actor and longtime bachelor George Clooney, who had vowed he would never get married again, married human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin less than a year after they met. Fellow actors Bill Murray, Matt Damon and John Krasinski were among the guests.
“She’s not in his top-10 list of girlfriends,” Dennis said.
Replied Callahan: “Yeah, but she’s the marrying kind, that’s the difference.”
The wedding was held in Venice, Italy, a place that Callahan did not seem to be fond of.
“They had it in that filthy city of Venice,” Callahan said. “Just a disgusting, dirty place. It’s the ultimate tourist trap. … It’s dirty, the water’s filthy, it smells.”
– “Saturday Night Live” began its 40th season on NBC this weekend. The show was hosted by actor Chris Pratt and had an opening skit about the problems with domestic abuse in the NFL.
The hosts played a clip of the the football skit, and they were not amused by the attempted humor.
“It goes on for 3 1/2 minutes and there’s not a chuckle,” Callahan said. “It was so uncomfortably bad.”
“Chris Pratt was terrible as [Roger] Goodell,” Minihane said. “Not even terrible, he wasn’t funny. It was awful.”
Said Dennis: “Maybe [SNL] is finally like [Derek] Jeter. It stayed a year too long.”
– The National Science Foundation spent $300,000 on a study that dealt with human interaction with bicycles. A House committee calls the study a “waste.” The purpose of the project was to encourage more Americans to bike to lower their carbon footprint.
“I think most people know by the time they’re like 8 how to interact with a bicycle,” Callahan said.
“I don’t want to see her act anymore,” said a disappointed Benz. “She’s great to look at on the screen, but I want to see that fight.”
“What’s in it for her other than obviously the money?” Fauria wondered. “It’s a lose-lose situation for her, because she’s the white hat, she’s the good-looking one of the two.”
Added Merloni: “Do you think she wants to fight the rest of her life? She’s doing MMA, she made some money, more importantly people noticed her. Now she’s in movies. She doesn’t want to keep fighting.”
– In a video posted to Youtube, a woman tells a 4-year-old boy that a girl he likes is interested in another boy, sending the kid into tears.
The hosts were unanimous in saying the woman was out of line to videotape the conversation and embarrass the boy by sharing it with the world.
“What a sadistic [expletive],” Benz said, adding: “Worst mother of the year.”
“What a bitch,” said Merloni.
“DCYS should scoop in there and save that kid,” Benz said. “Now I’m upset. I’m mad about this.”
– A man in was arrested In Jasper, Indiana, after allegedly driving a stolen Bobcat front-loader down a city street while intoxicated. Korey Groover allegedly knocked down several street signs and hit light poles, then used the bobcat to knock down a door to a medical building, where he was found lying on the floor. The Florida man was charged with DUI and felonies including drug possession and criminal mischief, and the estimated damage he left behind was $10,000.
“They have brakes, those things are street legal, right?” Fauria said. “They have brake lights.”
[0:00:10] ... wake up with Cumberland farms farm house -- -- coffee all legend RodneyHarrison. On farms farm house -- ice coffee is so delicious it's -- good even put out. Just 99 cents any size and only at Cumberland farms from RodneyHarrison joins us on the AT&T hotline good morning -- how are you. Go well remarks. How at risk is this offensive line ... [0:01:07] ... strange position to be the first time he's -- the ball to TomBrady in a place where he can't even hear himself think a lot of stuff can go wrong. Right. Well I mean they're ... [0:06:57] ... collect a -- bank. The kind of would. A different form of LoganMankins got great help but think yeah it is their last opportunity. The -- -- record of being able to -- out like this it's like nobody ever question Rick Rick cotton got their. There are already laid it on the I think you deserve but to answer the hatred. I think they would for a while -- on metal but a lot of people get a guy like. I'd like to say -- if you're playing for the WashingtonRedskins last night and you're watching your quarterback -- for of the worst interceptions not to mention a lost fumble. What point in ...
The top stories of the day as recounted by Kirk Minihane.
[0:05:10] ... at it you know always not it's. Policing the taxpayers. Or as. DevalPatrick calls it just an anecdote an interest and -- anecdote globe get there eventually it'll play catchup you know get to work ... [0:05:49] ... weekend in Italy Linksys finally -- so I was back on now. GovernorDevalPatrick insisted yesterday he has no intention of taking. Attorneygeneral Eric holder's job acknowledging yesterday before and off to Washington DC to appear before the Congressional Black Caucus and he's been in ... [0:06:35] ... no plans and no interest in making plans to be the next attorneygeneral for not gonna see you working for this president's administration. -- -- I don't anticipate that no. At this time to -- ... [0:11:54] ... com -- attended the year -- environment alone you know. Leader -- AlGore's were a hundred -- it's true that is true. The great one of the green boxes yes all time headlines brought you ...
– Five weeks ago, a Haverhill man bought a winning $1 million lottery ticket. Earlier this week, police raided Gary L. Bond’s house and found cocaine, marijuana, EBT cards, a machete and brass knuckles. He was charged for cocaine and marijuana possession as well as trafficking.
His wife, Fritzlaine Liautaud, faced the same charges, but posted her and Bond’s bail earlier this week.
Said Callahan: “It’s one thing to get caught, you got caught. You’re a liar, you’re a cheater, you’re stealing from the taxpayers, you’re dealing drugs. But then there’s this indignation. How dare you?”
Continued Callahan: “How is he given an EBT card? You walk in the [welfare] office, and they just say, ‘Here you go’?”
Replied a sarcastic Dennis: “His back hurts, Gerry. He can’t work and provide for his family.”
Said Minihane: “So I can go get one?”
– Governor Deval Patrick said Thursday that he has no intention of succeeding Eric Holder as attorney general. Many have speculated a role for Patrick in the Barack Obama administration, especially since Patrick is going on a trip to Washington, but Patrick continued to deny it.
“Wouldn’t it be a lot fun to hang out with Obama and Patrick?” Minihane asked. “Go play 18 with them?”
Said Callahan: “I was just hoping he’d take the gig and go before the Senate and get out of our lives.”