2012 WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon Photo Gallery


Lisa started as a volunteer at the Jimmy Fund Clinic 22 years ago, and has been an employee for 21 years. She and her team are responsible for day-to-day activities in the clinic and also plan special teen trips, Summer Festival and the Winter Festival to name a few.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:07:00 EDT
Ian was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), a cancer of the white blood cells, in April 2013 when he was 11 years old. He had been very tired, sleeping a lot, and his skin was chalky white. Ian underwent surgery and chemotherapy. Ian now receives treatment in 3-week sessions. He goes to the Jimmy Fund Clinic the first Tuesday, and is seen at home by a visiting nurse the second and third Tuesdays. He'll be an 8th grader at Marshall Middle School in Billerica, where his mom says the teachers have been "unbelievable" in keeping him at his grade level. He sees a tutor 3 times a week to keep him on track.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:00:00 EDT
Maria first went to the doctor because she was unusually tired and had had a very bad cross country season. That led to a great deal of blood work, which eventually led her to the Jimmy Fund Clinic. However, she never considered herself to be really "sick", just a little off. She underwent chemo for 6 months. She finished treatment on April 15th, 2014. On May 6th, she was officially declared in remission.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 07:52:00 EDT
Dr. Roberts focuses on an emerging new field in cancer research that offers new and better treatments: Epigenetics. He spoke about new insights into the mechanisms, and potential treatments, of aggressive cancers.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 07:32:00 EDT
Jayden was diagnosed at 3 months old and was in treatment for most of his life. The tumor has caused him to have limited eyesight. Jayden has had the last year off treatment. He finished his last round of chemo in June 2013 and has had 3 stable scans over a 9 -month span. He recently had his port taken out, and his scans have been moved to every 6 months instead of every 3. He has been on and off chemo regimes since he was 4 months old. This January will mark the longest single span off treatment in his life. He attends the Ahern School in Foxboro.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 07:01:00 EDT
Barb has been an oncology nurse for over 35 years and has worked with Dana-Farber for 23. She's the charge nurse for the 10th floor, which includes the Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers, thoracic, neuro-oncology, head and neck as well as the desensitization unit. Lori MacLellan has been a nurse for more than 25 years, but joined DFCI in 2007. She is a nurse specializing in caring for patients in the Susan F. Smith Center for Women's cancers working as an infusion nurse, but also works in head and neck oncology, which she loves just as much.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 06:42:00 EDT
Shortly after Karen was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, her son Owen complained of severe stomach pain. After a visit to the ER he was diagnosed with a bowel intussusception. From there he was sent to Children's. Surgery went great but with test run on his blood he was then diagnosed with cancer. His treatment consisted of 4 months of intense chemotherapy. The first 3 months went pretty smoothly but during his last treatment he developed a couple of infections. This landed him in ICU for 7 days. His favorite part of the of the Jimmy Fund Clinic is a tie between the special he receives and the cafeteria.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 06:27:00 EDT
John Hirschbeck joined Mikey Adams and Joe Castiglione. John is an MLB umpire who was diagnosed with a form of testicular cancer described as treatable by Dr. Stephen Jones of the Cleveland Clinic, causing Hirschbeck, who had missed the entire 2008 season following back surgery, to miss the remainder of the 2009 season as well. After the tumor was removed via orchidectomy, the cancer was given a 10 percent chance of recurrence, and Hirschbeck returned for the 2010 season. After working a reduced schedule in 2011 due to back pain, Hirschbeck's cancer returned and he missed the 2012 MLB season.[11] His last contest before returning to umpiring's disabled list was Game 162 of the 2011 regular season between the Boston Red Sox and Baltimore Orioles. In August 2012, Hirschbeck advised he was again cancer-free and made plans to returned in 2013.
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:13:00 EDT
AT&T Miltons Norfolk Power Equipment D'Angelo Ira Arbella Insurance Group Bob's Furniture http://www.emdserono.com/ Walgreens DMB Financial Papa Ginos Powder House Iron Workers Lexus ARS NE