Sean Collier Memorial Fund
The Dana-Farber and Jimmy Fund community is deeply saddened by the tragic events in Boston, and the loss of MIT Patrol Officer, Sean Collier. Sean displayed immense courage and a commitment to helping others, and we thank you for honoring his memory.Inspired by the lifesaving work of Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund, Sean was a dedicated supporter of the Jimmy Fund since high school, setting up recurring gifts from his bank account. To make your gift online to The Sean Collier Memorial Fund, please click here.
- Have an experience like no other at Fenway Park to support Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund. This summer, make your dreams a reality at John Hancock Fenway Fantasy Day to benefit the Jimmy Fund at historic Fenway Park on Saturday, June 15. With batting and fielding packages available for individuals and groups, anyone can be an all-star at this special fundraising event, and create once-in-a-lifetime memories while supporting cancer research and patient care. This is an extra special season, as the Boston Red Sox and the Jimmy Fund celebrate their 60th anniversary—Join us as we strike out cancer!
- Start a Jimmy Fund Mini Golf event! It's a fun and easy way to get your friends and family, camp, school, or community involved. Anyone can play!Nothing says summer like hitting colorful golf balls through the windmill at your local mini golf course. Help support Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund's mission to conquer cancer! To get started or learn more, contact us or visit the Jimmy Fund Mini Golf website.
- On September 8, 2013, we will hold the 25th Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk and stand united with our longtime partner, the Boston Athletic Association. Whether motivated to fight cancer, to build community, or to complete a race not yet finished, we ask you to join us on September 8 to continue a time-honored tradition of walking all or part of the historic Boston Marathon route to raise money to conquer cancer. Click here to register and for more information.
- This June and July, volunteers are needed for the Jimmy Fund's longest-running fundraiser to help raise funds for lifesaving research and patient care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Before the start of a feature film at a participating National Amusements or independent theatre, moviegoers are shown a special Jimmy Fund trailer, then volunteers invite guests to give by passing around canisters. Volunteer to collect contributions, and qualify for great incentives, including free movie tickets. Volunteer now!
- Have an idea for a fundraiser? An event or maybe a new app? The Jimmy Fund wants your creative ideas. You could win fabulous prizes including a seven night Caribbean vacation, once in a lifetime experiences with the Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots, gift cards and much more. Five finalists will be selected to present to national CEOs and business leaders who will select a winner. Go to jimmyfundbigideas.org for more information. Your idea can change the course of cancer!
BOSTON, MA -- The Boston Red Sox and the Jimmy Fund announced on February 7 that they will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the relationship between the baseball club and charity throughout 2013. At an event launching the celebration of the partnership, the Red Sox presented the Jimmy Fund with a $60,000 check, the club's 100th Act of Kindness; announced Will Middlebrooks and Jarrod Saltalamacchia as the 2013 Jimmy Fund co-captains; the creation of a permanent display at Fenway Park commemorating the Jimmy Fund; and announced the dedication of a suite for use one occasion during the season by Jimmy Fund patients and their families and caretakers made possible by the generous donation of Art Kelly, a friend of the Red Sox and long-time supporter of the Jimmy Fund. Read More.
The 11th annual WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon on August 21 & 22, 2012 raised more than $3.3 million to support adult and pediatric care and cancer research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. Contributions came in from all 50 states and around the world to help in the fight against cancer. The event has raised more than $31 million total since its inception in 2002. Read More.
Help the Jimmy Fund beat cancer. Join them for one or more of our over 500 various events throughout the year and raise money for cancer research and patient care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Getting involved is easier than ever, and there is something for everyone. Sign up for the following events now, and stay tuned, there is more to come.
Walgreens Wall Ball
This season, WEEI is proud to announce a new partnership with Walgreens. Every time our hometown hits a ball off the Green Wall, Walgreens will donate $100 to the 12th annual WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon happening August 27th and 28th. With everyone's help, we'll be one step closer to a world without cancer!
2011 Event Recap