Tom Brady has 61 touchdowns and nine 300-yard passing games against the Bills, the most against any opponent. (Jim Rogash/Getty Images)
The Patriots and Bills will meet for the second time this season Monday night at Gillette Stadium. The Patriots won the first matchup in Buffalo 40-32 during Week 2. New England comes into the game a perfect 9-0, while the Bills are tied for second in the AFC East at 5-4.
Here are 10 things you should know heading into the matchup:
(As always, thanks to the Patriots media relations staff for the help with some of these from this week’s media guide.)
1. With a win Monday, Bill Belichick will have his 13th straight 10-win season, which is an NFL record. George Seifert has the second-most consecutive 10-win seasons with eight from 1989-1996 with San Francisco.
2. After his game-winning field goal against the Giants, Stephen Gostkowski has made 30 straight field goals dating back to last year, which is a Patriots franchise record. The NFL record is 42, set by Mike Vanderjagt from 2002-04.
3. Tom Brady has a 24-3 record against the Bills, the most regular-season season wins against any opponent. He’s also thrown 61 touchdowns and has nine 300-yard passing games against them, the most against any other team.
4. Since the start of the 2012 season, coming off a win, Rex Ryan coached teams are 3-17. This includes their win in their last game against the Jets on Thursday Night Football after beating the Dolphins the Sunday before.
5. According to STATS, Brady has a 125.7 quarterback rating with three wide receivers on the field, the best mark in the NFL. Also, his 115 quarterback rating at home is the best in the AFC. He trails Drew Brees by .2 points for best in the league.
6. Chandler Jones currently has 10.5 sacks this season, which are the most in the NFL. He’s on pace to tie the Patriots record for sacks in a season with 18.5 set by Andre Tippett in 1984.
7. In eight career games against the Bills, Rob Gronkowski has scored at least one touchdown in all but one game, totaling 10 overall, the most against any team.
8. The Patriots are averaging 17 points per game in the second half this season, the most in the NFL. Arizona is second at 15.1.
9. New England has won 15 straight regular-season games when scoring first. The last time they scored first and lost was December 15, 2013, against the Dolphins. Under Bill Belichick they are 125-25 when scoring first.
10. This one will appear here until it ends: The Patriots are on a 31-game win streak when scoring 23 or more points. They are 169-12 when scoring 23 or more points under Belichick, which includes going 14-0 last year, including the playoffs.
DraftKings has your shot to play for FREE in the $1 Million Fantasy Football Contest THIS SUNDAY! First place takes home $100,000! FOR FREE ENTRY, CLICK HERE.